Friday


Panic set in when I found out an hour ago that today was my son's deadline for sorting out his university funding. With us both being dyslexic this wa
s not good news.
Thank goodness for Flora. I phoned her and she would be able to come for lunch.Thomas had made soup and baked some bread so the three of us started with lunch and chatted about the tasks ahead and found out that Flora wanted to earn gems to get some Spanish tuition. Although there are much better tutors than myself, I did have a Michel Thomas CD Spanish language collections that I was very happy to lend her.

Whilst Thomas got his paperwork and computer ready, Flora advised me on the pruning of the cherry, peach and apricot tree and volunteered to later prune my grape vine. We then went inside and Flora set aside a few hours to go through the forms with him, make the necessary telephone calls and give advice on entitlements for dyslexic students.

While Flora was doing that, I went off to the garden centre to pick up some large bags of compost as she did not have the car that day and I for once had.

All in all a very pleasant way of filling in forms. Thank you Flora, it is great to know that we have such capable friends who are willing to help out at a drop of a hat.

No comments: