Monday

In recent weeks and months the Skills Exchange has been invaluable. Starting with a request I put out in April to ask if anyone could lend me number-shaped cake tins so I could make my husband a surprise birthday cake, and finishing with John Buttfield kindly watering my garden these past couple of weeks whilst we were on holiday, and including Thomas Wells - based in Cambridge - buying and posting to me some perfume for my niece's birthday present - everyone has been very helpful and every gem I've spent has been well worth it. I'm very pleased to be earning back some gems in a couple of weeks by helping Lisa out with her animals whilst they're away. I've also benefitted from the Abundance project by helping myself to some of Karina's plums and now have 5 jars of lovely plum jam sitting in my kitchen, with some plum and ginger compote on the stove top bubbling away. The Book Group goes from strength to strength (next meeting on 24 Aug 7.30 our house) with one new member at the last meeting, and two new members hoping to make it in August or, if not, in September. Thank you to everyone in the SE for being so friendly and helpful, and to Karina for doing so much to keep everything going.



Love
Kate x

No comments: