Sunday


31st December, the last day of 2011 which would probably have been the busiest of this week, if I had not had the offer from Lisa S to have my 'old year's' meal made for us.

It was only the day before that I received a group email from her offering to make a vegetarian curry. I jumped at the chance as we had a friend over for the evening, the boys were planning to relax and play Warhammer Games and I thought their idea of a relaxing evening was a good one and followed in their footsteps. Getting the rooms ready and cosy was a group effort, Mark made the fire and set up the gaming table, Michael made the salad and Thomas laid the table and made the house look festive. The only thing left for me to do was to make some naan bread and heat up Lisa's delicious Red cabbage with Bengali 5 spice, the yellow split pea daal and the basmati rice.

The food was lovely and a great way to spend the last day of a year. Thank you Lisa for giving me that time to prepare for 2012 and write down next year's goals and promises.

No comments: