Friday

Catherine's news


I've really enjoyed spending some gems in a New Year's 'getting my house in order' sort of spirit.

Both Dianne Marsh and Oonagh have been nimble with their thimbles in a way I can only dream of! Dianne painstakingly stitched some spangles onto a vintage frock I'd found for a steal which will enable me to shine at some big birthday bashes we have coming up, whilst
Oonagh helped transform some January sales bargains into wearable pieces and is threatening to help me alter some curtains. 
Martha has worked her magic in repairing some jewellery I had which was far too sentimental to let go - she even recycled some pieces into completely new items and together we are discussing how we could rework some deeply old fashioned brooches passed down by my grandmother into a statement collar necklace (or something, now my imagination is really running riot!).
Meanwhile Mike Finn has been kneading away the knots brought on by all that attic clearance with his hot stones. Still looks like a slow cooker to me, Mike, but the effects are just as delicious!

Thanks to you all for bringing me some winter cheer. It may even inspire me to try the Big Gardening project, which would be a first for my very ungreen fingers.

Catherine

No comments: