Saturday

Today Sunday 21st November we had our last Skills Exchange get together and market to trade and swap our goods, services and skills.



I would like to say thank-you all for the wonderful contributions that were brought to this get together. I am sure those who were there would agree with me to say that the crafts, food and treatments were amazing and that there are not many markets where you go where the quality of ALL the products is so high.

Thank you all for coming on this dreary day and brightening up the afternoon with you energy, friendship, skills and services.

A special Thank you to Diane B,Cathy B, Martha and Sophia C, Dianne M, Catherine M, Shazia M, Sally T, Zena, Kathy, Kim M and Liam T for bringing all their wonderful craft, food, treatments and services for us to enjoy. At the end of the afternoon I looked into my kitchen to start the washing up and yes you guessed it, some real gems of people had done it for me. I know that both Liam and Christina had something to do with this, but if there were any others, thank you so much for tidying up for me.
It looks like lots of trading has been happening, a great way to keep those gems shining. I for one had my windchime mended by Tim (it is already back in my house as he mended it whilst watching the Rugby!), my pearl necklace is being re-strung by Martha, bought some lovely pottery from Liam, beautiful Christmas cards by Catherine M and ordered some out of this world truffles by Sally T and cupcakes from Shazia. I received two orders for my Marmalade bringing my gems in pocket back to 10. I am in perfect balance...after my hotstone treatment from Mike last night the Indian Headmassage from Catherine Bruce this after noon at Kate's, Thanks Kate for hosting it, so great to see that between the two of us 61 people came and met up with eachother.



Hopefully you stay in touch with eachother and that this get together has strengthen your community.

To all 35 of you who came, I hope you enjoyed your time as much as I did,

Have a great weekend maybe see you tomorrow at Kate's at 1.30 - 3pm or at the Melton Road Christmas Fayre (www.meltonrdshops.co.uk) on 5th December, where so many of the Skills Exchange members are helping out to support and promote the local shops.

In the mean time, take good care

Karina

No comments: