Sunday

My first year with the Skills Exchange has been full of delights thanks to the members of the group.
As a keen gardener I was able to earn several gems pruning vines & shrubs for members that I exchanged for manure & labour to get the season off to a great start. I used the surplus to get some plants and begin to learn Spanish before going to work there for a couple of months thanks to Marta. Also when I needed help with moving heavy items locally and plumbing Simon proved invaluable. All those skills & things that make life easier on my doorstep and getting to know new people has been great.
Now that the new season is fast approaching I have just exchanged a gem for some raspberries from Karina and who knows, these look so healthy there may be surplus to end up at Melton Road shops! Local food grown by local residents.
Flora

No comments: