Monday

Bitten off a bit too much than I could chew!

Today I noticed that a few houses down the road, an apple tree was being cut down. I asked the tree surgeon if I could have the wood. He said he would happily cut it in manageable bits and drop it off at my place. I was delighted! I put some freshly squeezed apple juice and some of my cordials in the front porch for him to enjoy.

He dropped it off later that afternoon, whilst I had my afternoon nap. When I woke up, I thought I had a night mare. The whole drive was covered with huge logs of eucalyptus and apple trees. So much so that I did not know how and where to store it.

So as you do, I sent an email out to the skills exchange and within an hour 5 people had responded to my SOS.

I would like to thank, Andy and Monika, Steve, Reinhart and his son, and Hannah and her partner for sorting out this pile of wood! I hope it will bring them lots of warmth.



Karina

No comments: