Sunday

Tuesday evening was meant to be quiet evening alone at home as my husband was away. I don't know about you, but on occassions like that, I tend to quickly fry and egg and can't be bothered to cook. Rather than going for that option, I decided to send out an invitation to the group for a 'come dine with me' evening. It is not like the TV show, it truly is and invitation to come dine with me. The guests arrived at 6.30 sharp, were welcomed to the candle lit dining room and the 6 of us sat down for the meal. We had a spinach cream soup with cheese scones for starters and as a main course; roasted vegetables with halloumi cheese in puff pastry parcels, with potatoes, carrots and peas. The salad was my 'famous' rocket, blue cheese, pear and walnut version that went down very well. At 7.30 the guests went their own separate ways. No thinking what to cook, good company and no washing up seems to have been a hit. For me, it was a joy to share my home grown food with others, earn a few gems and had great company at the same time.

Next time you are keen on being spoiled and have a meal for a gem, I will organise another Come dine with me event, you name the day and I do the cooking!

No comments: