Sunday

A while ago I noticed some big cracks at the outside of our home. My heart sank as I thought we had some major subsidence. The insurance company came to have a look. As it happened there was an area behind the drains that over time the concrete had been washed away, making a hole behind the drains. For sometime apparently water from our washing up and washing machine had been going behind the drains, washing the soils away underneath the back of the house!
This had caused slight movement of this area which resulted in those cracks.

The advise: get someone to sort out the drains: within minutes Simon came to sort it out.
Also, I needed to keep an eye on the cracks over the summer to see if they would get any bigger. If not, they needed to be filled in as well.

So on Friday I called Brian C to see if he could do the repointing for me. He came yesterday and did a wonderful job.

The Insurance claim has been closed, no action taken on their behalf, saving me a lot of money on the excess and keeping my insurance bill lower.

A big thank you to Simon and Brian

No comments: