Thursday


I am just back from my house in France I think it is fair to say that they are a bit too much for me on my own and so I was wondering if there would be anybody interested in getting together a work party to help with some jobs and enjoy a bit of French living.

The main house is an 1850 Manoir and the smaller house is a recent barn conversion. There are also a number of outbuildings including an original World War II theatre. They are both situated in a lovely village about half an hour from La Rochelle. The great thing is they have just started a new service from EMA to La Rochelle this month and so it is very easy and cheap to get to with Ryanair. There would also be the additional cost of car hire.

I am looking for gardeners as it has quite a large patch but also people who could help paint the shutters and any general labouring or help that anyone can offer really.

I don't think I would have enough gems to offer a lot of people but I would be happy to swap accommodation for free in return for a few hours help. If anybody could do major help, then maybe a weekend or family holiday time.

I don't have it all worked out yet but I thought I would get it out there so that if anyone is interested I could get on and organise it.

I hope I am able to put a link here which gives you access to some photos - they are mix of the big house and the barn - so that you can get an idea. If anyone has any queries, please let me know.

For some pictures click here

Regards

Liz M

No comments: