Wednesday


Gems have been to-ing and fro-ing over the summer from our house. First Paul the electrician saved us from having to buy a new oven when he replaced the element from behind the fan oven; then Simon the plumber came to our rescue when our overflow went into overdrive (though many plants got a good watering in the meantime). To replace the gems I spent there I undertook to make a large batch of chutney for Karina, using plums I harvested from the Shared Gardens and Karina's own allotment . But I'm back in spending mode now. Having just completed a new project in my garden - my peaceful Japanese haven - all I needed were some log stepping stones to lead us over the chipped bark to our bench. Richard, an arboriculturalist, was my man. Within days, the sweet chestnut log path was born. Thanks to all you gems!

No comments: